Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Music Apps Hack Weekend - Demos Start at NOON TODAY
Friday, February 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM - Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
In celebration of Spotify Apps API, join Facebook, foursquare, Last.fm, Twilio, and The Echo Nest on the weekend of February 24th - 26th for a music apps hackathon at New York City's SPiN Ping Pong Club. Hosting provided by GoGrid.
Grand prize is $10,000.
The focus of our 48-hour event is to develop innovative products on Spotify's new app platform. This is your chance to showcase your talent and channel your creativity towards building the next generation of music apps powered by some of the most powerful and robust APIs around.
For the first time ever, we will be welcoming product and marketing executives from CW, Doritos, McDonald's, Mtn Dew, Showtime and State Farm who will be deeply integrated into the on-site environment and provide inspiration for the weekend's hacks and prizing for the most innovative products.
Join us for fun, nerdery, drinks, food, ping pong, music, swag, and more.
Friday, February 24
- 6:30pm: Doors, networking
- 7:30pm: Keynote + event overview
- 7:45pm: Sponsor Spotlight (5 minutes each)
- 8:15pm: API presentations (10 minutes each)
- 9:15pm - 11:15pm: Kickoff party + open bar w/ live musical performance by Blood Orange
- 10:45pm: Hacking begins
Saturday, February 25
- 9:00am: Breakfast & hacking
- 10:00am: API workshops
- 1:00pm: Lunch
- 2:00pm: Brand workshops (3 hour access to brand product & marketing execs)
- 5:00pm: Party & musical performance by MNDR
- 7:00pm: Dinner
- 8:00pm: Ping Pong Tournament (Prize TBD)
- 12:00am: Hacking continues
Sunday, February 26
- 10:30am: Hacking ends, wiki closed
- 12:00pm: Demos begin, lunch served
- 3:00pm: Judging
- 3:30pm: Winners announced, prizes awarded
- GRAND PRIZE: $10,000 cash
- Best Spotify hack: One year of Spotify Premium for every team member
- Best Facebook hack: TBD
- Best foursquare hack: TBD
- Best The Echo Nest hack: Two iPads
- Best Last.fm hack: Two tickets to Live on Letterman
- Best Twilio hack: Kindle Fire and $100 Twilio credit
- Best City of NYC hack: TBD
- Various prizes from CW, Dorito's, McDonald's, Mtn Dew, Showtime, State Farm
Celebrity judges include Phin Barnes (First Round Capital), and more.
We're keeping track of all the projects on Hacker League: http://www.hackerleague.org/hackathons/music-apps-hack-weekend